To thank MyOpera team for the much appreciated honorable mention of MyOpera member of the week, and all of you for very welcome and warm compliments, I decided to write this little how-to-become-a-member-of-the-community. …
It's actually quite simple, once you get used to it:
- Use the collaborative forums. Discussion with many is always better than the private conversation. Even a poor advice given in public can turn out more useful than an advice given privately.
- Always think positively, especially when you're not feeling like it :p Try not to whine, and never whine about people who are whining 😉 Just offer them help to get over it.
- Appreciate everyone as equal. No one is irreplaceable, and everyone can be expert on solving problems. And when you see peeps asking your help by name, it's maybe time to step aside for awhile, to give more room also for others to help 😉
- Don't take it too seriously! And this is the most important advice 😀 Have fun, join to groups where you can have fun. What makes MyOpera especially great place is all these blogs and groups where you can spend time if you ever get tired of making world a better place.
- Do not afraid to make mistakes and admit them. Doing mistakes is surprisingly good method to learn. And believe me, I have done that a lot 😀
So, thank you all for being here 🙂 Without you there would be no such a great place as this MyOpera community :hat:
:doh: I almost forgot the most important advice: Participate! Sources:
- Opera FAQs, Tips, Tricks & Tweaks by Tamil. There's a true master who focuses on substantive issues only.
- The Brave Programmer – Blogging and coding. Especially I recommend How I can help a fellow blogger by Ben Lumley.
- All the favorites and links chosen by peeps! There must be a reason why we pick the favorites.